FT Core Faculty Graduate - Social Work (Virtual)
Company: Laureate Education Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2019
WALDEN UNIVERSITY SEEKS A DYNAMIC, ENGAGED AND SUPPORTIVE DOCTORAL
FACULTY MEMBER WHO HAS DEMONSTRATED STRONG RESEARCH MENTORING
SKILLS AND HAS STRONG COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIP SKILLS FOR
THIS CORE FACULTY POSITION IN THE HUMAN SERVICES PROGRAMS. KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* build strong working relationships with students in order to
deliver personalized learning experiences in the context of
individual student circumstances while maintaining high standards
associated with doctoral education,
* mentor doctoral students through the dissertation process as a
subject/content and/or methods expert,
* serve as chair, second member, or URR of capstone (dissertation
or doctoral study) committees,
* engage and support doctoral students as emerging
scholar-practitioners through regular asynchronous and synchronous
communication strategies, either individually or in groups as
needed by students,
* provide timely, personalized feedback on student submissions and
* work collaboratively with other members of students committees in
order to streamline communication processes and reduce time for
students to receive feedback from the committee as a whole
* participate in face to face or virtual residencies that are part
of most doctoral programs as needed by the Program Director, the
Program Residency Coordinator, and the Program Research
General expectations include
* Supportive engagement at all times in order to build positive
rapport, openness, trust, and mutual inquiry as well as listening
to students to help them learn, discover, and apply research
* Effective online communications to maintain teaching and social
presence and to stimulate critical thinking and learning to learn
* Effective use of Walden University s vast array of services and
tools to help doctoral students succeed. Faculty members are
expected to be aware of these services and tools, encourage
students to take advantage of them, and help students identify
specific services and tools to help meet their individual needs
SUBJECT MATTER/CONTENT EXPERT
SUBJECT MATTER/CONTENT EXPERTS ARE EXPECTED TO ENGAGE, MONITOR,
REFINE, AND ASSESS THE PROGRESS OF THE CAPSTONE RESEARCH FROM START
TO FINISH AS THE SUBJECT/CONTENT EXPERT, AND TO PROVIDE TIMELY,
ACTIONABLE FEEDBACK, ASSESSMENT, AND EVALUATION OF EACH STUDENT\'S
WORK WITHIN THE RESEARCH PROCESS IN COLLABORATION WITH THE CHAIR
AND/OR THE STUDENT. SUBJECT MATTER/CONTENT EXPERTS ARE RESPONSIBLE
FOR MAKING SURE STUDENTS APPROPRIATELY COVER THE RELEVANT
LITERATURE SO THEIR WORK CAN BUILD ON WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN
PUBLISHED AND PROVIDE ANSWERS TO IMPORTANT RESEARCH QUESTIONS. THEY
ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO COLLABORATE WITH OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
DOCTORAL STUDENT RESEARCH MENTORING: RESEARCH DESIGN & METHODOLOGY
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY EXPERTS ARE EXPECTED TO ENGAGE,
MONITOR, REFINE, AND ASSESS THE PROGRESS OF THE CAPSTONE RESEARCH
FROM START TO FINISH AS THE DESIGN AND METHODS EXPERT AND TO
PROVIDE TIMELY, RELEVANT, ACTIONABLE FEEDBACK, ASSESSMENT, AND
EVALUATION OF EACH STUDENT\'S WORK WITHIN THE RESEARCH PROCESS IN
COLLABORATION WITH THE CHAIR AND/OR THE STUDENT. METHODS EXPERTS
ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE STUDENTS DESIGN APPROPRIATE STUDIES
TO ANSWER IMPORTANT RESEARCH QUESTIONS AND COLLECT, ANALYZE, AND
INTERPRET DATA TO ADDRESS THOSE QUESTIONS. THIS MIGHT MEAN HELPING
STUDENTS WITH THE PROCESS AND/OR HELPING THEM FIND OTHER RESOURCES
THROUGH THE CENTER FOR RESEARCH QUALITY (CRQ). THEY ARE ALSO
EXPECTED TO COLLABORATE WITH OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
DOCTORAL FACULTY MEMBERS MUST BE APPROPRIATELY CREDENTIALED,
POSSESS AN EARNED DOCTORAL DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION OR
FROM A PROGRAM RECOGNIZED BY A COUNTRY\'S MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IN
THE DISCIPLINE BEING TAUGHT.
CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS
* An earned doctorate in the field of study or a related field
* A record of scholarship, publication and research in methods and
research design that is appropriate to support doctoral students in
the field of Management (required).
* Strong relationship-building skills with students with diverse
* Successful mentoring relationships that support mutual inquiry
and student outcomes.
* Advocating for the learning and development needs of
* Strong writing, research, and oral communication skills.
* Experience mentoring doctoral students in the
dissertation/capstone process (required).
* Three years of effective teaching experience at the degree level
of program (preferred).
* Online experience at the degree level of program
Ideally, a candidate should be able to demonstrate
* Success at building effective student learning relationships that
support mutual inquiry and doctoral quality student progress and
learning outcomes. This includes the ability to provide clear
expectations and helping students know what to do next .
* Strong servant leadership dispositions. This includes the ability
to listen carefully to students, and to be approachable and
supportive within Walden s policies.
* Strong time-management skills.
* Strong collaboration/co-project management skills with
Ideally, a candidate should be strongly committed to:
* Advocating for the learning and development needs of students
earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
* Supporting the development of Walden University students to
foster positive social change as scholar-practitioners.
* Practicing effective teaching, research, advising and
* Engaging in professional development for themselves as faculty
* Expressing the willingness to perform other duties and
responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to
ALL NEW FACULTY MEMBERS RECEIVE SPECIFIC TRAINING FROM WALDEN
UNIVERSITY WITH RESPECT TO BEST PRACTICES IN ONLINE LEARNING
FACILITATION, DOCTORAL MENTORING, AND EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION AND
REVIEW OF DISSERTATIONS/CAPSTONE PROJECTS. THEY ALSO RECEIVE
SOCIALIZATION INTO THE WALDEN UNIVERSITY CULTURE OF QUALITY,
INTEGRITY, AND STUDENT-LEARNING CENTEREDNESS AND AN ORIENTATION IN
THEIR SPECIFIC DEGREE PROGRAM. NEW FACULTY MEMBERS ALSO PARTICIPATE
IN A 6-MONTH MENTORING EXPERIENCE WITH AN EXPERIENCED WALDEN
UNIVERSITY CHAIR TO HELP THEM LEARN HOW TO NAVIGATE OUR INTERNAL
SYSTEMS AND HOW WE EXPECT COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO WORK WITH STUDENTS
AND OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
FACE TO FACE AND/OR VIRTUAL RESIDENCIES
DOCTORAL LEVEL FACULTY MAY BE ASKED TO PARTICIPATE IN RESIDENCIES
HELD DOMESTICALLY, INTERNATIONALLY, OR VIRTUALLY WHERE THEY MAY
TEACH COLLOQUIA, LEAD WRITING-INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS, AND FACILITATE
FACULTY MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF TECHNICAL
PROFICIENCY AND HAVE A STRONG COMMITMENT TO LEARNING NEW
TECHNOLOGIES. FACULTY ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE
RESOURCES THAT ENABLE EFFECTIVE DELIVERY OF ACADEMIC SERVICES TO A
DISBURSED COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS. THE FACULTY MEMBER MUST BE ABLE TO
USE MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCTS, AND MUST HAVE RELIABLE INTERNET
ACCESS AS WELL AS ALTERNATE ACCESS AS NEEDED.
SOME TRAVEL MAY BE REQUESTED (MAXIMALLY ONCE PER QUARTER).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of
our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be
considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable
accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race,
color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
Keywords: Laureate Education Inc., Bel Air South , FT Core Faculty Graduate - Social Work (Virtual), Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!